The Planning and Development Department (PDD) at Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) was established in the year 1985 to carry out assessment studies and plan the Polytechnic’s progress through establishing operational departments, new academic program, and community reach out divisions and centers. The planning and development department main goal is to lead PPU towards accomplishing its vision of becoming a science, technology, and innovation global university. This is achieved through developing and following a strategic plan that PPU is been adopting since the year 2008, in addition to developmental projects that PDD proposes and manages to support PPU staff, students, graduates and the local community with various types of academically streaming services.
- PDD vision streams from PPU vision of accomplishing an entrepreneurial university
- PDD mission is to help develop and accomplish PPU strategic goals through steady and continuous development of resources, programs, and diverse services.
PDD carries on activities that stream from its vision and mission as follows
- Following up the strategic plan and action plans of PPU through six main aspects of academic, administrative, community serving, students, relations and plans, and scientific research.
- Establish and update statistical records of PPU resources for promotional and diagnostic purposes.
- Preparing developmental projects proposals and seeking funds for the University needs from local, regional and global donors.
- Developmental projects follow up and coordination with donors through reporting and communications in cooperation with the relevant divisions of PPU.