Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare the training environment for the students and faculties.
- Prepare and design training plans and material.
- Supervise the trainees in their day-to-day training and projects.
- Supervise a Junior Software Engineer.
- Select proper open source projects to be used in the practical training.
- Assist in preparing specifications and terms of references for equipment to be purchased.
- Assist the project coordinator and director in preparing the technical parts of the reports.
- Participate in planning technical training with private sector partners.
- Assist in selecting students to be part of the training.
- Report about training results and trainees progress.
- Provide recommendations about tuning the training based on the students’ levels and progress.
- Assist in keeping the training environment real industry like environment
Qualifications and skills:
- A (B.Sc.)degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT. A M.Sc. is preferred.
- Minimum of three yearsof experiencein software engineering and software development.
- Good experience in object oriented design and programming and at least one object oriented programming language.
- Good knowledge in relational and none relational database systems.
- Good knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Familiar with open source projects and contributions.
- Familiar with different software engineering methods including Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in using version control systems such as Git
- Excellent Englishlanguage.
Place of work
The Senior Software Engineer will work at PPU campus of Wadi Al-Hareyya.
The duration of the assignment is 24 months.The consultant shall work 4 hours per day 5 days per week.
Time Based contract.