Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project titled: Professional Software Engineering Upgrade Unit. Accordingly, PPU seeks the selection and employment of one Senior Software Engineer to work in training students in the project.
PPU is considering the selection of a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer to be part of the training staff responsible for the overall implementation of all Project training activities under the supervision of the director of the project.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineers will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare the training environment for the students and faculties.
- Prepare and design training plans and material.
- Supervise the trainees in their day-to-day training and projects.
- Select proper open source projects in different technologies to be used in the practical training.
- Assist in preparing specifications and terms of references for equipment to be purchased.
- Assist the project coordinator and director in preparing the technical parts of the reports.
- Participate in planning technical training with private sector partners.
- Assist in selecting students to be part of the training.
- Report about training results and trainees progress.
- Provide recommendations about tuning the training based on the students’ levels and progress.
- Assist in keeping the training environment real industry like environment
Qualifications and skills:
- A (B.Sc.) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT. A M.Sc. is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in software engineering and software development.
- Good experience in object oriented design and programming and at least one object oriented programming language.
- Good knowledge in relational and none relational database systems.
- Good knowledge in XML and JSON.
- Familiar with open source projects and contributions in different technologies.
- Familiar with different software engineering methods including Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in using version control systems such as Git
- Excellent English language.
Place of work
The Senior Software Engineers will work at PPU campus of Wadi Al-Hareyya.
The duration of the assignment is 15 months. The consultant shall work 4 hours per day 5 days per week.
Time Based contract.