Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project titled:Professional Software Engineering Upgrade Unit. Accordingly, PPU seeks the selection and employment of a Project Coordinator to work in project implementation.
PPU is considering the selection of highly qualified Project Coordinator to be part of the administrative staff responsible for the overall implementation and coordination of all Project activities under the supervisionof thedirector of the project.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work on administrative forms, reports and financial documents of the project.
- Follow-up all procurement and financial issues related to the project in accordance with the World Bank procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Schedule, attend, and prepare minutes of the meetings for the project different meetings and activities.
- Assist in preparing specifications and terms of references for equipment to be purchased.
- Assist in procedures relating to receiving and installing equipment.
- Assist in preparing technical reports regarding the purchased equipment.
- Assist in preparing terms of references for hiring project consultants.
- Participate in creating communication channels with local private sectortowards cooperation, and communications in issues related to the project.
- Participate in preparing work plansfor cooperation with the private sectorand assist in their implementation.
- Participate in planning and coordination of work of the student research projects.
- Assist in field studies,data gathering, and analysis.
- Assist the director of the project on administrative issues.
- Assist the director of the project in writing the quarterly progress reports and any other reports requested by the PCU/MoEHE.
Qualifications and skills:
- A (B.Sc.) degree inproject management, business administration, IT, or related fields.
- Minimum of oneyearof experiencein project implementation for example development project, preferablyQIF projects.
- Administrative skills, preferable training courses in management.
- Excellent communication and team work skills.
- Excellent Englishlanguage.
- Excellent report writing.
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Computer Skills.
Place of work
The Project coordinat or will work in PPU campus of Wadi Al-Hareyya.
The duration of the assignment is 27 months.The consultant shall work 8 hours per day 5 days per week.
Time Based contract.